These General Terms set forth the main terms and conditions applying to and governing the agreement between you (hereinafter referred to as “you” or “Driver” or Dispatch Rider) and Pikmi regarding usage of the Pikmi Driver’s App for the purpose of providing Transportation and or Delivery Services.
Pikmi Global Company Limited (Company Registration Number 1547778) located at 12A Umuguma Housing Estate Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria, is the controller of personal data of customers and has appointed a Data Protection Officer (email@example.com). The term “us” or “we” refer to the owner of the Pikmi App, Pikmi Global Company, a private limited company, founded in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Personal data we process
- Name, phone number, e-mail address.
- Geolocation of the customer, the time and the destination of a journey.
- Payment information.
- Information about disputes.
- Identification data of the device on which the Pikmi App has been installed.
- Purpose of the process
- We collect and process personal data for the purpose of connecting customers with service providers (including; merchants, drivers and delivery agents) to help them move around cities more efficiently.
- We collect contact information from user device for the purpose of saving emergency contacts.
- We collect contact information from user device for the purpose of sending ride status.
- We collect contact information from user device for the purpose of referrals.
- We display geolocation data and the phone number of customers to service providers (including; merchants, drivers and delivery agents) to enable efficient pick-up. Geolocation data is collected only when the Pikmi App is activated. The collection of geolocation data stops after closing the Pikmi App. In some countries service providers (including; merchants, drivers and delivery agents) cannot see customers’ phone numbers; the service provider
sees an altogether different number which temporarily diverts to the customer’s phone number enabling the service providers (including; merchants, drivers and delivery agents) and customer to communicate.
- We may use geolocation data to resolve quality issues related to transportation services.
- We use contact details to notify customers of updates to the Pikmi App.
- We collect data of the routes taken by service providers (including; merchants, drivers and delivery agents) and customers to analyse the geographic coverage in order to provide recommendations to the service providers (including; merchants, drivers and delivery agents) about most efficient routes.
- Your name, phone number and e-mail will be used to communicate with you.
- We obtain payment details to process customers’ payment on behalf of service providers (including; merchants, drivers and delivery agents) for transportation services.
- Customer support data is collected on a case-by-case basis and stored for the purpose of resolving disputes and service quality issues.
- Legal Basis
- Personal data is processed in order to provide the service contracted with customers. We collect and processes the personal data submitted by the customers in the course of installation and use of the Pikmi App. The pre-
requisite for the use of Pikmi services is customers agreeing to the processing of identification and geolocation data.
- Personal data may be also processed on legitimate interest grounds, for example in investigating and detecting fraudulent payments.
- The personal data of customer is only disclosed to service providers (including; merchants, drivers and delivery agents) who has activated Pikmi App; in such case, service will see the name, phone number (in some countries the number is masked) and geolocation data of the customer.
- After providing the transportation service, the name and the telephone number of the customer will be masked to the service providers (including; merchants, drivers and delivery agents).
- Feedback given by customers regarding the quality of the service is anonymous and service providers (including; merchants, drivers and delivery agents) do not receive names and telephone numbers of the customer who provided rating and feedback.
- Depending on the location of the customer, the personal data may be disclosed to Pikmi Global Company Ltd., and its Affiliates (local subsidiaries, representatives, agents, etc.). Processing of personal data by Pikmi Global Company Ltd and its Affiliates will occur under the same conditions as established in this privacy notice.
- Security and Access
- Any personal data collected in the course of providing the services is transferred to and stored in the data centres of Jungleworks, Jugnoo Technologies LLP and Socomo Technologies Private Limited. Only authorised employees of Pikmi Global Company Ltd., and its affiliates have access to the personal data and they may access the data only for the
purpose of resolving issues associated with the use of the services (including disputes regarding transportation services).
- Pikmi Global Company Ltd. and its affiliates can access personal data to the extent necessary to provide customer support. See more: https://pikmi.net/.
- Geolocation data is processed in anonymised form and personalized only if
the geographical location data is needed to be linked to a customer for resolving disputes or fraud.
- For research and scientific purposes, the data is used in unidentified form (anonymized)
- Access and Correction
You can access and update your personal data via the Pikmi App.
- Your personal data will be stored as long as you have an active customer account. If your account is closed, personal data will be deleted (according to the policies set out in this section) from the databases, unless such data is required to be retained for accounting, dispute resolution or fraud prevention purposes.
- Financial data regarding transportation services provided to customers will be stored for 3 years after the last journey.
- Data required for accounting purposes will be stored for 7 years [after the last journey].
- In the event that there are suspicions of a criminal offence, fraud or false information having been provided, the data will be stored for 10 years.
- In case of payment disputes, data will be retained until the claim is satisfied or the expiry date of such claims.
- Journey history data will be stored for 3 years, after which the data will be anonymized.
- Please note that the uninstallation of Pikmi App in your device does not cause the deletion of your personal data.
- If the Pikmi App has not been used for 3 years, we may notify you and ask you to confirm whether account is still active. If no reply is received, the account will be closed and personal data will be deleted unless such data is required to be stored for accounting, dispute resolution or fraud prevention purposes.
- You should also bear in mind that any request to delete your personal data is possible only if we delete your account. As a result of that you will not be able to use Pikmi App via an account which has been deleted.
- We respond to any request to delete personal data submitted by e-mail within a month and will specify the period of data deletion.
We will respond to any request for transfer of personal data submitted by e-mail within a month and specify when the data transfer will take place. After we have verified the customer in question, we will provide you with your personal data, which includes: contact information, last 3 years’ journey history and payment information.
- Direct Marketing
- We will only use your e-mail address and/ or phone number to send direct marketing messages if you have given us permission to do so via the Pikmi App and any of other Pikmi ́s platforms. We may personalize direct marketing messages using the information on how you use Pikmi services (frequency of use, journeys, payments, etc.).
- If you no longer wish to receive direct marketing messages, please click the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of our e-mail or SMS.
- Dispute Resolution
- Disputes relating to the processing of personal data are resolved through Pikmi ́s Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The supervisory authority is Nigeria’s “National Information Technology Development Agency” (“NITDA”), (www.nitda.gov.ng), and can be contacted by email email@example.com.